Monday, February 23, 2009

So what the fuck have you been doing?

Does anyone still read this blog? Do I still write it? Am I alive, or am I the undead? I'm still in my 20's, correct? Is Jake Palumbo still in the business of beats and rapping? Am I still collecting unemployment checks? Yes, lots of them. Thank you. Is my income tax situation some bullshit? Yep. Have I stayed on my pledge to get in shape in '09? Not really. I've tried to keep my libido excersized 7 to 36 times per week, however and that helps. Senator Strom Thurmond called the other day asking if I could still get him nose candy...I told him I don't do that anymore. I'm eating alot more peanut butter sandwiches, sushi, whole grains and White Castle, and guzzling He-Brew Kosher beer for refreshment. I'm improving my health while killing myself at the same time. I'm watching alot of classic wrestling from 1985-1997. I'm losing my fucking mind. I'm having the time of my life. Really, seriously.

But what you people - the fans - reallly want to know though, is this perpetual under/over-achiever gonna actually drop some product in '09 and "go on these national tewrs" and actually pretend to be the Boss he claims to be so vehemently? Yall elected me, am I gonna deliver in these punishing economic times when the music industry is a broken-down meth whore....?

Well, that remains to be seen and we have "Top Men" working on it, however here are some things on the horizon...

Rapping Is Stupid Instrumental Album: Finished. Done. Good to Go. Dropping on iTunes this Spring. Good music. Instrumental music. Blunted Music. Stupid Music. You're Stupid. I'm Stupid. Rapping Is Stupid.

Archaeology, Vol. 1 Best of Rarities Collection: To hold you people over while I attempt to regroup and await the stimulus package, I'm assembling a compilation of some Jake Palumbo rarities, B-sides, freestyles, collabs and remixes that have for whatever reason made the cutting room floor over the years. Almost done, just gotta remix a few joints and master the thing.

I'd be a real dummy to speak on things that aren't official, but I'm currently shopping some tracks to a couple major-type-situations, and focusing more energy on "things" that might amount to "some bigger things."

And before I head out on the TO-BE-ANNOUNCED-FALL-WORLD-TOUR, I'm gonna some-how poop out the next solo album (and the fricking point of this blog), the totally not-worth-your-dowload Unfocused 3rd Album which will have guest appearances from Reef The Lost Cauze and other heavy hitters. I promise - as the highest-decorated Webelo in the history of Hamblen County - it will be a great listening experience and if you liked me before, you'll at least hate me a little less with this album.

So....the original purpose of this blog was to document my day-to-day goings-on in the studio as I crafted my (stupid, lame, cliched) banger of an album. I'm gonna start doing more of that. The new studio is built and I'm back to my old "burning" habits. Expect a bunch of short, stupid pointless posts. I have no idea what I'm doing. I know exactly what I'm doing.