Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Push-me, pull-you.

I wake up in the morning. I have black coffee to get myself motivated. I have breakfast (it's the most important meal of the day). Inevitably within a couple hours after breakfast, I begin to crave a blunt. I smoke a blunt, because I'm a slave to the feeling I get from it (creative, happy, counting-my-blessings). Inevitably within a couple hours the blunt wears off, and I get sleepy. I get angry at myself for being sleepy mid-day. So I guzzle black coffee to give myself a boost. Inevitably within a couple hours I have heartburn from guzzling coffee, or worse I poop in ways that make me think I really need to see a doctor. Often needing a boost to try and squeeze out an hour or two of creativity while the night is still young, I'll head to the bodega on Ave U and McDonald, because they have Red Bull for $1.75. Inevitably within a couple hours the day is nearing a close, and I drink beer to wind myself down. And probably smoke a blunt.

Honestly, this is a far cry for the drug pyramid I stuffed in my lungs, stomach and nose throughout my "early-mid" 20's. I've cut out "the hard stuff" for several years now, and had no relapses. "The grind" is what's going to kill me.

My corpse is gonna look like Farley's, and hopefully the photo will be used as an avatar on Science Gone Mad. That would be cool.

No comments: